8 – 21 December
The Office of Public Works is delighted at the level of enthusiasm for Christmas at the Castle this year. Our free pre-booked tickets are now booked out. This event has been extremely popular every year as one of the most festive events in the city centre.
Those who cannot attend Christmas at the Castle can still visit the Dubhlinn Gardens and the current exhibitions in the Coach House Gallery and the Chester Beatty. The Office of Public Works is also organising other Christmas events and markets across Dublin with a choir in the Phoenix Park Visitor Centre each weekend, a festive market and a family Christmas cycle in Farmleigh and a festive market at the National Botanic Gardens in Glasnevin.
Please read FAQ below.
Boutique Open-Air Christmas Market
– Festive food and drink
– Artisan craft stalls
– Neapolitan Crib
– Festive Music Acts
– Vintage Carousel
– Complimentary access to the State Apartments
The event will run from 14:00 to 21:30 daily with a minimum of two and a maximum of three sessions per day. This will be a FREE, ticketed event.
Christmas at the Castle will see the return of over 20 craft stall holders to the Upper Castle Yard along with a range of food and drink providers. Evening music performances will be held in the Spiegel-style tent to create that cosy festive atmosphere. On two weekends, 10-11 and 17-18 December, the indoor Castle Hall craft market will once again take place, showcasing the very best of Irish design and craftsmanship for sale.
Live Festive Entertainment
Dublin Castle is delighted to host an array of local musical talent with performances from different groups each night featuring the Sea of Change Choir, Cantairí Oga Atha Cliath, Gloria Choir, Garda Ladies Choir and many more. Expect bouncy choral arrangements filled with seasonal cheer and festive rock music to help get you into the Christmas Spirit! Enjoy the sounds of Christmas as night falls and the lights begin to twinkle in the historic upper courtyard.
4pm The Honeydews
6pm & 8pm Cor Duibhlinn
4pm & 6pm The Honeydews
8pm Sean Kennedy Tenor & Quartet
4pm The Honeydews
6pm Sean Kennedy Tenor & Quartet
8pm Trinity Belles
6pm & 8pm Meath Childrens Choir
2pm & 6pm The Atkinson Twins
8pm Esker Folk Group
4pm Sea of Change
6pm & 8pm Maynooth Gospel Choir
4pm & 6pm St. Mary’s Parish Choir
8pm Sing & Tonics
4pm Revenue Choir
6pm & 8pm Schola Hiberniae
4pm Dulciana Vocal Ensemble
6pm & 8pm Buvinda Choir
Irish Designers Market
Bedford Hall, Upper Courtyard 10, 11, 12 & 17, 18, 19 December.
Showcasing the very best of Irish design and craftsmanship. Shop for beautiful Irish design and handcrafts and buy directly from local artists, designers and makers.
Christmas at the Castle 2022 FAQs
Age Suitability: All ages (Under 18s must be accompanied by a parent / guardian). Proof of age( photo I.D. may be required to purchase alcohol).
Please Note: This is an outdoor event. Please dress appropriately. We advise wearing flat shoes as the courtyard is partially cobbled.
Dogs / Animals: No animals are allowed at the event, other than assistance dogs (such as guide dogs).
Accessibility: The venue is wheelchair accessible. Please note that the courtyard has cobblestones. Toilets on site: Male, Female & Universal Access are located in the State Apartments and are open throughout the event.
Baby changing facilities: Located in the State Apartments and open throughout the event. Breast Feeding facilities: The La Touche Room in the State Apartments will be available throughout the event. Please ask a member of OPW staff.
Cash/ Credit Card: Please note there is no ATM on site. The nearest ATM is on Dame St.
Buggies / Prams: Due to the space available in the Upper Courtyard at Dublin Castle, every person (including children and children/babies in buggies) must have a ticket to attend Christmas at the Castle. Babies in slings do not require a ticket.
Tickets: Tickets are required for each person attending and will be checked at the entry point by security staff. Tickets cannot be used at any other time slot. Tickets are Free and shall not be sold, exchanged, or transferred. Full terms and conditions are available in a section below.
Waiting List: Due to the demand for tickets for Christmas at the Castle, it is not possible to operate a waiting list for the event.
On site Catering: Food and alcohol cannot be brought into the Event. There is a fully licensed bar available on site.
Event Access: Entry to Christmas at the Castle 2022 will be via the gate on Palace Street, Dublin 2 and exit will be onto Castle Street, Dublin. Last admission to the Event is 30 minutes before end time specified on the ticket. Due to Government business ticket holder for the 6.00pm and 8.00pm slots on Saturday 10th December will not have access to the State Apartments. Access to the Neapolitan Crib is not affected. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Parking: There is no parking on site. Private Car Parks and on street paid parking are located in the city centre. Contact: All enquiries regarding Christmas at the Castle, please email email@example.com
READ OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The “Organiser” Arcana and The Commissioners of Public Works, Dublin Castle, Dublin 2.
- By booking an Event ticket and/or attending the Event using a ticket (a “Ticket”), you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out herein.
- A valid Ticket entitles the holder to attend the Event on the relevant date and at the relevant times as stated on the Ticket.
- A ticket is required for every attendee, including children and infants.
- It is the Ticket holder’s responsibility to check his or her Tickets at time of booking, as mistakes cannot be amended in anyway, and the Organisers shall not be responsible for any lost or stolen Tickets.
- When booking a free ticket online, you may only book a maximum of ten tickets per transaction for a specific day and time. This policy is in effect to discourage and prevent unfair ticket-booking practices. Dublin Castle reserve the right to cancel any order(s) for Tickets booked in excess of the relevant limits without notice. This may also affect your ability to make future bookings.
- Tickets are Free and shall not be sold or exchanged.
- Tickets shall not be used as prizes in competitions without the prior written consent of the Organiser.
- Re-entry to the Event is not permitted without a valid re-entry ticket.
- Tickets are issued subject to the Organiser’s right to alter, vary or cancel the programme due to events or circumstances beyond their control.
- The Organiser reserves the right to refuse admission to any Ticket holder and may on occasion conduct security searches to ensure the safety of visitors. The Organiser shall be entitled to remove anyone from the venue who is under the influence of drugs or excessive alcohol or who, in the reasonable opinion of the Organiser, is conducting themselves in a manner inappropriate to their continued attendance. There shall be no admittance without a valid Ticket.
- Proof of age may be required. Please ensure that you have ID with you in case you are asked. Failure to provide such ID may result in you being asked to stop consuming and purchasing alcohol and/or leave the Event. If you look under 18 you may asked for proof of age when you buy alcohol.
- Entry to Christmas at the Castle will be via a gate on Palace Street, Dublin 2 and exit will be onto Castle Street, Dublin 2.
- All stallholders operate with Cash, Debit or Credit cards at the point of sale.
- Last admission is 30 minutes before end time specified on the ticket.
- Food and alcohol cannot be brought into the Event. There are fully licensed bars available for you.
- You will not be allowed to bring any glass bottles of any kind into the Event. There are no exceptions.
- No animals are allowed at the Event, other than assistance dogs (such as guide dogs).
- All sound and moving or still picture rights including, without limitation, on the internet, vest exclusively with the Organisers and any material filmed or recorded at the Event may only be used for the personal, non-profit making enjoyment of amateurs. By entering the venue, Ticket holders consent to being photographed, filmed or recorded as visitors attending the Event, and for their likeness, mannerisms and/or voice to be included in any content from such filming, photographs and/or recording (and edited) without compensation and/or credit, which content may be communicated and/or exploited in any and all media worldwide in all perpetuity.
- The Organiser, its servants or agents, Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform, Minister or Finance and the State will not be liable for any loss, compensation or expenditure for injury or damage of any kind howsoever caused to the bearer of this Ticket.
- On entry, you agree to accept and abide by any venue rules of Dublin Castle (and any other regulations provided on entry to the venue).